Classic ASP Form Creator v1.0
Give site administrators the ability to generate and customize forms online and in real time.
Copyright David Angell, http://www.angells.com/FormCreator
- Donations are appreciated!
- Extract all files to a web accessible folder on your server.
- Create a new folder for storing the database, give this folder a unique
Give ASP write permissions to this folder.
Copy contact.mdb to this folder.
Rename contact.mdb to a unique value.
- Edit the values in config.asp to match your server settings.
- Edit the pages to match the look and feel of your site.
- A link back to www.angells.com would
be greatly appreciated, as would a
- Move the database to a location outside the web path and use a direct path
to the database instead of MapPath.
- Enable some form of administrator login to be required before being able
to access FormCreator.asp.
If you need additional validation methods, follow these procedures.
Note, some programming experience is necessary for this process.
- Edit inc_functions.asp, add the new validation function.
- Edit FormCreator.asp, in "FieldValidationArray", add the name of the
validation to the array.
- Edit Contact.asp, in "select case fldValidation" add a "Case" for this
item. The case must match exactly the name used in FormCreator.asp.
If you believe you have a validation method that could be useful to others,
please submit it to the support forum listed below. Include the name,
function contents, and how it is tested.
List Field Types
Additional list field types can be added, or existing ones removed, by
following these procedures.
- Add/remove the type to the dim statement in inc_config.asp.
- Create/remove an array with the list elements in inc_config.asp.
- Edit FormCreator.asp, in "FieldTypeArray", add/remove the list name from
- Edit Contact.asp, in "select case fldFieldType", add/remove a "Case" for
this item. The case must match exactly the name used in FormCreator.asp.
If you believe you have a list field type that could be useful to others,
please submit it to the support forum listed below. Include the list name
- This release uses TinyMCE v2.1.2.
- FormCreator uses an unmodified release of TinyMCe.
- When a new version of TinyMCE is released, extract the newer files over the existing ones in
the tinymce folder.
- Check Box type does not show options.